Illness
I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease in April of this year. So it's still relatively new. It hit like a ton of bricks without any warning. I've been taking prednisone for a couple of months. I hope to be off of that soon. I started taking 40 mg, and am currently down to 2.5. I've started regular remicade infusions and will likely continue those for the rest of my life.
In April and May, I was extremely sick for about 5 weeks. But I am doing much better now, and thinking proactively so as to not have another intense flare up like that first one.
I'm definitely not a woe-is-me kind of a person. And I don't like to talk about myself. The main thing I've learned from this experience is how to relate to others with health problems. Not having ever had a debilitating illness, I couldn't relate before. My woes are pretty mild compared to millions of others.
I really feel for anyone with health problems. If you don't feel well, everything else can slip away pretty easily.
Things have been going very well lately, and I'm very thankful for that.
In April and May, I was extremely sick for about 5 weeks. But I am doing much better now, and thinking proactively so as to not have another intense flare up like that first one.
I'm definitely not a woe-is-me kind of a person. And I don't like to talk about myself. The main thing I've learned from this experience is how to relate to others with health problems. Not having ever had a debilitating illness, I couldn't relate before. My woes are pretty mild compared to millions of others.
I really feel for anyone with health problems. If you don't feel well, everything else can slip away pretty easily.
Things have been going very well lately, and I'm very thankful for that.
Labels: Crohn's Disease

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home